.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Being your place on the web to make Pat feel all warm and snuggly... or just a place to type random text... ANYTHING to get those badgers, mushrooms and African snakes out of my head!

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Wordletting 

I've had a lousy streak lately as far as getting my sketches performed. I write my ass off on Mondays and for the past 2 and a half months NOTHING has gotten picked to be performed at our weekly sketch show at the IO West.

It has caused some soulsearching and I've come to the conclusion that A) I've been writing some goofy stuff, and B) some other people have been writing some top notch stuff.

So why have I not been bringing my A-game? Mostly cause I have been busy getting involved in things again. I do that as a force of habit -- no, it's better than that -- it's a compulsion. I can't resist a good offer of a creative project.

I also write compulsively. I just can't go a week without writing something. Which is far better than last year when I was in the writing doldrums.

I think it's just that I suffer from "Feedbackophilia". I just need to know that my writings are being read or seen performed. Nothing like a good spate of comments generated by a blog entry. It's almost as good as a round of applause at the theater.

I want something more, though. I need a new forum. I feel a great desire to perform some wordletting. Like a bloodletting, but less likely to make me faint.

Maybe a screenplay is in order.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?