.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Being your place on the web to make Pat feel all warm and snuggly... or just a place to type random text... ANYTHING to get those badgers, mushrooms and African snakes out of my head!

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

So Dark the Con of Mannion 

Dark as in it's over, done, shuttered for another year!

And it was an unmitigated success!

Thank you Eleanor for letting me do it again.
Thank you Scott and Steve for cooking the Saturday and Sunday meals.
Thank you Morgan for volunteering to do the recycling.
Thank you everyone who took a bag of trash back with them.
Thank you to those who provided rides for others.

No one left anything I would deem "irreplaceable", so unless you know you left something I am not going to bother listing them (ie. half empty toothpaste tubes, etc).

THINGS I LEARNED FROM MAXICON 6:

Allowing a bunch of kids to run around your backyard acting like Mario and Luigi and throwing balls, frisbees and plastic bags into the bushes for two hours is great fun and far too tiring for one man and one kid to do.

People from Hollywood like to sing. A lot.

If I invite more than 20 kids I should hire a clown.

If you give people a serious topic, some rules of debate and enough beer, they will eventually have 14 year olds on really tall stairways intended to lure old folks and illegal immigrants up to the sky in order to stuff them into holes in the ozone layer thus solving world oil dependency and music piracy.

My daughter is a very good GM.

It should be a clown that also likes gaming so he doesn't turn evil later and kill everyone.

4:30 is a magical hour that is aparently ancestrally imprinted onto gamer genes cause every year that seems to be when the last game ends (whether it's ping pong, evil dead 2 or something else).

Guitar Hero kicks ass and is the only enjoyable way to acquire carpal tunnel.

The Cremaster Cycle makes no more sense on DVD than it does in a movie theater.

The "6" in MaxiCon 6 apparently refers to the number of pieces of furniture that get broken.

The evil clown can kill people as long as they were one of the ones who broke something.

THANK YOU ALL FOR COMING!

And I kid, though, cause I know very well that holding a 50 hour party at my house is a crazy thing to do and I do it cause I love it.

Pat.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?