.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Being your place on the web to make Pat feel all warm and snuggly... or just a place to type random text... ANYTHING to get those badgers, mushrooms and African snakes out of my head!

Friday, April 28, 2006

Alphabet Meme 

This is how it works: Comment on this entry and I will give you a letter. Write ten words beginning with that letter in your journal, including an explanation what the word means to you and why, and then pass out letters to those who want to play along.

I got 'B' from essentialsaltes


1. Breakbeats
I'm listening to them right now. You know that part where a techno beat goes all funky and refuses to stick to a predictable 4/4 rhythm? It's all "boom-chika boom-chika boo-b-boo-chk-chk-chika"? Scares most people off the dance floor. Makes me a happy camper.

2. Boardgames
Oh lordy. I dream in 2D. Folding laminated, 2D, pressed chipboard goodness. I have a phrase: "We play boardgames. You know, like Monopoly and Stratego. But not those; stuff you've never heard of. Stuff you never even dreamed existed."

3. Britain
If I left America, guess where I'd go. Someplace where the Guinness flows freely. But not too close to the springhead of Guinness cause there's wacky religous fanatics there. Someplace with a good curry and chocolate bars with names like "Violet Crumble" and "Turkish Delight."

4. Bananas
My fruit of choice by a long shot. But I like them almost green. Too yellow and I will gag. God I hate ripe bananas. Torture me sometime with them if you need a weapon.

5. Benny
Mr. Hill colored my early teen years. Made me very naughty. Okay, maybe I was already very naughty. But he showed me that you can be very naughty well into your golden years. What an on-your-sleeve, out-in-public perv he was. Though apparently very shy in real life.

6. Beef
I love beef! But I am torn. In recent years I have begun loving it cooked less than I used to. I reached medium rare this year, down from a firm "well done" in my teen years. Oh, it's soooo yummy. But I am torn because my daughter is very much against meat eating... especially beef. If there was a "slaughterhouse rescue zoo" in the area I would totally go there as a family and permanently avert my psyche from ever wanting meat again. Too bad they only seem to exist in upstate New York.

7. Backstage
When the lights go down and the curtain goes up I am *so* in the zone. I can see myself from above, enjoying my little role in a no-name production for some fans that would have us believe that we are gods. And for a couple hours we are. Then I go back to my day job and shore up my ongoing facade of being solely a writer. But inside I am a SUPERSTAR!

8. Battlestar
How wonderful it is when a TV show goes inside your head and takes the time to research exactly what it is you want in a sci fi show: intelligence, gravitas, humor, self awareness, humility, commitment, a willingness to go let go of hackneyed conventions. The new Battlestar Galactica is all that.

9. Blood
I faint at the sight of blood. Not all blood, just certain situations and types of bloodletting. I love horror movies. I hate ER and CSI and Interview with a Vampire, during which I needed to be revived and picked up from the floor.

10. Beer
I almost forgot to pretend that I forgot beer. But here it is. My friend. Beer. All beer. Every single beer I have ever tasted is my friend. Except Dave's Cave Creek Chili Beer. Make it go away.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?