.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Being your place on the web to make Pat feel all warm and snuggly... or just a place to type random text... ANYTHING to get those badgers, mushrooms and African snakes out of my head!

Sunday, January 08, 2006

It's Not a Tree Skirt! 

Many thanks to Mike, who, through tireless effort, painstakingly organized the logistical nightmare of setting up a Rose Bowl flea market run (he blushes and shrugs it off as nothing, but we all know he moved heaven and earth), I am now the proud owner of a tree skirt and/or satin mandillion.

I say it's a satin mandillion. Eleanor, who know more about all things garmenty and went home with many pretty and painted things, disagrees. So does Tanya, who took the swap meet opportunity to redecorate her room with glitter bead curtain and add an entire Japanese outfit to her wardrobe.

I also now own a second copy of Dune, the boargdame, which is cool, cause I can bequeath it to someone worthy of one of the coolest boardgames ever designed. It has the complexity of History of the World without being quite as military, yet it retains the quirkiness of Cosmic Encounters through it's numerous levels of flares and added powers.

I'd call it a successful day.

Sure, I turned down a laundry basket full of Dragon magazines, but they went to a good home (Mike's).

And no one with an ounce of decency can look me in my (painfully) sunburned and underhydrated visage after today's toils and tell me that's a tree skirt!

Even if it closes into a complete and un-madillion-like circle and has an opening too small for any human neck but just right for a christmas sapling.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?