.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Being your place on the web to make Pat feel all warm and snuggly... or just a place to type random text... ANYTHING to get those badgers, mushrooms and African snakes out of my head!

Monday, September 26, 2005

The CEO of Funny 

It's so weird to hear the head of National Lampoon referred to as a CEO. How can you be funny if you accept the title CEO? How can you even manage people who are supposedly funny? If I had a funny company (a company that made with the funny, not a company that was in itself hilarious, which is most of the ones I have worked at) I would not let anyone go above "secretary". Yeah. Secretary of Funny is about the highest rank I'd allow. Maybe Grand Poobah, but probably Secretary. Cause that's a funny word... secretary.

At any rate, the CEO of National Lampoon is coming to see the show Thursday, along with his entire writing staff, supposedly. This cannot be good. I was originally eagerly anticipating the Nat Lam coming to our show to see my stuff. I thought maybe they were looking for writers. Now I am skeptical about this thing. Really, why on earth would you send your writers go to see a show that you were hoping to hire the writers from? I don't think you would. I think you'd send your writing team to get used to some potential actors you might be thinking of hiring, and perhaps a director.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?