.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Being your place on the web to make Pat feel all warm and snuggly... or just a place to type random text... ANYTHING to get those badgers, mushrooms and African snakes out of my head!

Friday, September 16, 2005

Caca dooty 

Alright, is it me or has the world just gotten more foul mouthed lately? Not just on TV or film cause that's old news. I mean just regular old people... associates... friends... and especially coworkers!
Seriously, at my last three jobs, it seems like everyone from the receptionist all the way up to bosses and managers and above. It's like "fuck" is the new "dude". People who I would normally expect to cringe at the word "damn" are now regularly using "fuck" and "shit".
Am I the prude? I pride myself on not using such language in the office or even with friends. Really, think back and you'll not recall me ever swearing (ok, the wife probably remebers a lot of it). Now I don't know where to expect it next. I mean, I have seriously noticed a MAJOR rise in caca dooty mouths over the past half year. Like, across the spectrum. Whether mad or just chatting, people are swearing a blue streak these days.
Mild mannered people are the new punks. It's like they're rising up through colorful language alone. It makes me so mad I could... I won't say it.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?