.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Being your place on the web to make Pat feel all warm and snuggly... or just a place to type random text... ANYTHING to get those badgers, mushrooms and African snakes out of my head!

Monday, August 29, 2005

Ping Master Pat 

How nice it is to be back on the green slate.
Oh how I love saying "20-3, game point". Funny thing is, I was not expecting to be pleasantly surprised by a $99 ping pong table from Big 5. That table could not be any thinner. And those instructions couldn't be any more tedious. But sure enough -- once built-- it's a beauty! I suppose an inch think table (mine is half inch) would better survive 8-year olds crawling on top of it to retreive stuck balls. I don't think mine will survive too many more rugrat sleepovers.

Playing table tennis reminds me of Thanksgiving. Playing for hours with the keg of coors light no more than an arm's reach from the court at all times. (and no, coors light was not MY choice) Thanksgiving = family reunions = beer + ping pong.

And I don't really mind serving up a nasty slice to the cross court while tasting imaginary beer in my mouth.

Fewer hangovers. Better serves.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?