.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Being your place on the web to make Pat feel all warm and snuggly... or just a place to type random text... ANYTHING to get those badgers, mushrooms and African snakes out of my head!

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

SCM #3 

Hearing about Nick's encounter with Harlan (not knowing who he was -- see comment section from SCM #1) reminds me of a sublime moment from (I think) Enigmacon 3...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DAVID, GEORGE & ISAAC
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

David, Joe and I commandeered an unused room that year and staged an impromptu panel starring David Brin, George Clayton Johnson and Issac Asimov. I forget what room we used, but it was definitely in Ackerman and it was one of the main panel rooms. There was no sign by the door and yet attendees kept coming in just to see what the hell was going on. It was basically me making various "lucy in the sky" references as George. David doing the various Brin pulpit issues (women, cavemen, Frankenstein, bell curves, religion, Ralph Bakshi, etc.) and Joe slumped over in his chair as Asimov. Most of the people watching us knew what was going on. I remember there was in fact one guest who actually loved it. (We didn't know she was a guest at the time.) I'm pretty sure that was the first known instance of Enigmans doing guerilla comedy at an event.

And you know what, you could do the same bit today and nothing would need to be changed.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?