.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Being your place on the web to make Pat feel all warm and snuggly... or just a place to type random text... ANYTHING to get those badgers, mushrooms and African snakes out of my head!

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Reunion Time 

Welcome to my first post in a month!

And a special welcome to everyone from Marina High School Class of 1985!
Yes, that email was supposed to come from an anonymous email address at marina1985.com (check), but it definitely was NOT supposed to have my personal blog URL at the bottom (oops). My bad.

But hey, as long as you're here, here's what's been on my mind lately...

******************

HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY

What an awesome remake. I didn't think they could do it. How do you turn a rambling galaxy-crossing odyssey of puns and wordplay into a feature length movie? How could it be as good as the book or even the radio and TV versions? Well, they pulled it off. It's a different beast than the original, to be sure. But it stands on its own I think. I loved it. Go see it.

******************

HARRY CHAPIN

Went to a reunion/tribute concert for him last Friday. I think it's safe to say kids these days have never heard of him. Heck, his music doesn't even get turned into elevator music or commercial music. Still, he made every one of his songs into a story. Or maybe everyone of his stories into a song. Heavy stuff at times. But then again he also sang songs about 30,000 pounds of bananas. You will most likely remember him for "Cat's in the Cradle", though.

******************

SOFTBALL

If you fumble the ball twice in right field, everyone on the opposing team will start hitting to right field. Doesn't matter if they are right handed or left handed, the bastards will aim right for you. And then the heat is on. That's allright. It's all fun. I do exactly the same thing. It's just wierd to have it done TO me for once.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?