.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Being your place on the web to make Pat feel all warm and snuggly... or just a place to type random text... ANYTHING to get those badgers, mushrooms and African snakes out of my head!

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Shuffle Up and Deal, Daddy! 

A few years back I commented on having achieved the "holy grail" of fatherly gaming when my daughter finally beat me at a game without me handicapping myself at all (I think it was 3D TicTacToe).

Anyway, I can now proudly announce Holy Grail #2... as of yesterday my 8-yr-old daughter's favorite game is now Texas Hold 'em.

Good lord, I think we've played a few hundred hands of Hold 'em in the last 48 hours. I eventually had to say "no more!"

And here's what's even more amazing... she's DARN GOOD!

And I'm not talking in that every-father-thinks-his-kid-is-the-best way. She picked up all the terminology, the betting strategies... and best of all bluffing. She can bluff like no one's business.

Of course, that is often typical of kids... we tend to trust them and then when they bluff we are totally thrown. At any rate, in my opinion she has it down well enough to play with most of my friends. I sh** you not. She even learned how to shuffle pretty darn well.

Okay, occasionally, she forgets to "burn" cards during the deal... and she absolutely INSISTS on telling me what cards she had after folding (or seeing me fold)...

But it's a small price to pay to see the Flop.

Pat.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?