.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Being your place on the web to make Pat feel all warm and snuggly... or just a place to type random text... ANYTHING to get those badgers, mushrooms and African snakes out of my head!

Monday, July 12, 2004

Groupthink 

I finally saw F°911 today. I found it surprising that the theater was packed. There were no seats left well before the movie even started. I mean, it's week 2 for them movie and I am up here in conservative-land. Still, it bodes well for America (knock on wood).

My thoughts on the movie are thus:

Brought -- I'll admit it -- to tears by footage of Al Gore conceding defeat at the hands of the Supreme Court's ruling + his subsequent duties where he ironically presided over the throwing out of numerous petitions from disenfranchised Florida voters.

Found myself clenching fists through much of the irrefutable Bush-Saudi conections segments. Later realized that much of the anger welling in me was due to Moore's use of theatrical dramatic music to heighten emotions.

Wondered why it got an R rating for only 3 "assholes", 5 "mother fuckers", and a few gory bits of footage. After all, he could have cut the swear words and maybe one or two images and gotten a PG-13. Was he proving a point?

Left feeling like doing anything ANYTHING to get the word out about the movie. Wanted to write a sketch right away about it. Of course the ire subsided relatively soon and I was left with my typical feeling of general malaise about the world.

Audience applauded wholeheartedly after the screening. All of them. I'd heard that other screenings earlier in the day had sporadic boos. Again, surprised -- or rather happy -- to see the liberals come out of the woodwork in my lovely, Republican Santa Clarita.

Everyone in the nation should see this movie. I don't see how you could vote for the man in November after seeing this docu.

Grrr. Too pissed off for a punchline.

Grrr.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?